Friday, May 2, 2014

Sketching And Unwinding With The Locals.


Yesterday my Dad finally got his wish; to be released from the rehab facility he's been in for the past twenty days, and get back to his little South Jersey home, and his five tomato plants.

After my visits with him I would head out to find a place to eat, have a drink, unwind, bring my journal up to date, and of course, draw.

If it was in the afternoon I might meander the aisles of a nearby Barnes and Noble, checking out Art books I really couldn't afford.

Or get coffee and something evil at the Dunkin Donuts.

If later in the evening I'd explore local bars and restaurants, where "characters" were in abundance.

One Friday night I found myself surrounded by locals who were hard-core...and often very talented,
"Karaoke" singers. I was tempted... but decided instead to indulge my ego within the comfort and safety of
my sketchbook pages. Maybe next time.
Welcome home, Pop.




4 comments:

  1. Another great post. You are such an adventurous guy. I love the way the drawings bring me right into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's home and I agree with Ms. Herman--you bring your world to life, can visualize the coffee and doughnuts on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have had a chance to connect with you at the reception last week. Your blog is both entertaining and artful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so inspiring. I think I need to start a sketch book again and really get working.

    ReplyDelete