Monday, January 16, 2012

Celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Back in the early 1960s I was a young and very naive art student in Philadelphia.

At the same time this amazingly brave man was marching, preaching, and dedicating his life to fighting racism and the protection of equal rights for everyone in America. Dr. King's legacy is a reminder that we really should always choose love, because hate is too much of a burden.

This weekend Nancy and I sang in the "Unity Choir," made up of members of two local Jewish Temples, and the Mt. Zion Black Baptist Church. We were rockin', clappin', cryin', and huggin',
and it was a wonderful way to celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I did this drawing 2 years ago at Mt. Zion.     

2 comments:

  1. What a young stud you were back then...
    Terrifically timely post for today
    I envy you your Unity Choir experience.
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh yes,
      how fondly I recall my years of
      studliness.

      Delete